Trick or Treat the Sanibel Way
The fun and high jinks of Halloween is active and spine-tingling on these paradise islands. The city has made it official by suggesting that trick or treating start at 5 PM and run to 8:30 PM. And they have loaded city police cars with candy for any trick or treaters they meet along the way. So the islands are ready for you. Are you ready for them?
This Year’s Top Costumes
If you’re wearing a costume for your fun time here are some popular suggestions. For kids the more popular outfits are Spiderman, Wonder Woman or Power Ranger. For adults it’s Princess Leia, Wonder Woman or Cat Woman for the ladies or Superman, Tony Montana or a Pirate for the men. Or you can wear your own creation.
Scary Home Decor
There are always pumpkins, ghosts and bats. The scarier ones seem to be A Bag of Bones, a Yard Spider Web or a Corpse in a Cocoon. Any of these will mark you as a serious follower of the Celtic tradition of appeasing the spirits by offering them treats.
Where to Go Trick or Treating
There are some neighborhoods – like the Dunes and Gumbo Limbo – where the trick or treating is reported to be good or there are a number of more organized alternatives.
Halloween For The Kids
- The Community House on Periwinkle Way has the annual Candy and Costume Fall Family Fair from 5 PM to 7PM on Halloween. There is trick or treating, many games, a hay ride and $2 meals. The entrance is one bag of candy.
- Jerrys Foods on Periwinkle Way has trick or treating inside the store all day on Halloween. It’s free.
- The Sanibel School on San Cap Road will have holiday festivities and a haunted house at 2PM on Halloween.
- The Sanibel Community Church on Periwinkle Way will have a Trunk or Treat event in their parking lot from 4PM to 6PM on Halloween. There will be decorated cars with thousands of calories in their trunks. Yikes!
Halloween for Adults
- Tween Waters Inn on Captiva Drive will have their annual Hallo’Tween costume party on 10/28 starting at 8:30PM and running to 2AM. It’s in an outdoor tent with lots of partying, DJ music and dancing. There will be a costume contest with a prize of $1,000 to the winner. Admission fee is $15.
- The Sanibel Fish House on Periwinkle Way will have a Halloween bash from 9PM to 1AM with live music, karaoke and a costume contest with a $100 prize for the winner. And it is free..
Now that you’re ready for Halloween you need to talk with David Schuldenfrei about how his experience and skill can help you find the perfect place to put your scary decorations. David has devoted 40 years to learning the nuances of the island’s real estate which is why he’s a market leader. Call him and see what a difference a Dave can make.